Saturday, June 27, 2020

STRONG BUT PAINED


So, maybe this write up isn't totally you but you would agree some part of it is. I found myself thinking about the pains of a male child, put myself in his shoes and wrote. I hope it ministers unto you.....


STRONG BUT PAINED 

Hard guy, hard guy, tough skinned and all. 
But you know what? I can feel the gentle tap you give. 
Worse, I can feel the impact of your heavy blow. 
Even when it's not showing, it's there. 
I don't cry like a girl doesn't mean I am immune; 
It's just that I can't let you see me break. I can't!. No, I can't!! 

I know I am hard, many times unruly but I need you to see through me and see the pain. 
I know many times I don't do things right but I'm sorry. 
I'm sorry I'm tough, I'm pained as well. 
I am aggressive, yes, I know; it's my ego defence mechanism. 
I can't let you watch me cry. I can't!. No, I can't!! 

You think I don't get scared? I do, I just make bold face. 
If only you can see through me and see my fears. 
Even when I'm sick, I don't want to  show it for fear of being called a chick. 
I am made of brick, yet, somehow, the words you say, the things you do find their way into me. 
I feel my insides churning, but I can't let you see me throw up. I can't!. No, I can't!! 

Ooookay, this is me saying I am sorry. 
For the wrongs I did, for all the things I never did right. 
To err is human, to forgive is divine. 
I need you to forgive me and let go of it.
The Lord will forgive me if I cry unto Him. Will you, if I plead? 
Tell me you will and I will plead with you. 
Then, I will show that I can be better. I can!. Yes, I can!! 

It's been a rough past but the path to the future is bright. 
The Lord is merciful and compassionate, He will yet have compassion on me. 
He will hold my hands and direct me in the way I should go. 
He will lead and I will follow. 
I will forsake sin and embrace Him. 
Indeed, He will make my ways prosperous. 
With God, I can do all things. I can!. Yes, I can. 

7 comments:

  1. Keep it up blogger. You're doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! As you have portrayed, we (males) also have emotions but we don't normally want to show them so as not to be called cowards.
    More ink to your pen, Dammy B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a tough journey in life for the male specie. Based on how we have been raised, we are not expected to be expressive emotionally like our female counterpart however we feel pain, pressure and get scared too.

    However, knowing and trusting that God is with us is empowering and keeps us going.

    Nice write up, well done.

    I will like to suggest that you write one for ladies as well maybe "Soft but tough" what do you think?

    Cheers...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much... Actually, I am cooking something up for ladies 😁

      Delete